The Energy Catalyst
The aim of the Energy Catalyst is to speed up the best of UK innovation at all development stages. It helps businesses progress their innovations to commercial readiness.
Technology innovation is needed to solve the global energy sector ‘trilemma’ of:
- low carbon
- security of supply
These challenges are creating major global market opportunities. Innovative businesses in the UK can develop world-leading solutions to these challenges.
This funding competition
The fourth round of the Energy Catalyst is now open. There are 3 awards, each open to businesses, universities and research organisations:
- early-stage award – technical feasibility
- mid-stage awards – technology development
- late-stage awards – pre-commercial technology validation
The competition supports innovative solutions in any technology or sector area. The proposed solutions can focus on any part of the energy trilemma.
- the deadline for registration is noon on 7 September 2016
- the competition closes at noon on 14 September 2016
- you can lead a proposal if you are either:
- an SME acting on your own or working with any other with any type of organisation
- a research organisation collaborating with a business
- your project can last up to one year
- the total cost of your project can be up to £300,000
- the total non-business-partner costs must not exceed 50% of the total project costs
- business partner funding can be up to 70% of their total project costs for small or micro SMEs, 60% for medium SMEs or 50% for larger companies
Link to find out more information and to apply: https://goo.gl/PcDNfY
Another great grant highlighted by PRODDIO
If you need any support in helping access this grant then please get in touch, we would be happy to help.
** Don’t forget that if you get the funds PRODDIO can also help you get further money back through the R&D Tax Credit scheme – a double win.
Thanks for reading.